Friday 16 March 2007

Music


From an early age, I was always banging around on my mother's piano. I'd listen to my father play it and I would go and replicate what I had heard (without written music). It was years later that it was realised that this was a product of me having "Absolute Pitch". My parents were ecstatic and my music teachers envious. I didn't really understand what it meant, but for a while it got me a lot of attention.

See this website for a definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_pitch

My parents decided that I was "gifted" and started paying for piano lessons.
Each time anybody came to our house, I was asked to play piano for them. And then my father would make me stand with my back to the piano while he struck notes for me to identify.


I started to feel like a guinea pig...

No comments: